Before attending in person BOMA-NJ events, it is required that you read and sign the following waiver of liability.Regarding COVID-19
· I have either received a full round of COVID-19 vaccination, or if not, I will wear a face mask for the duration of any BOMA-NJ event that I attend. I may remove my face mask while golfing or while eating or drinking as long as I maintain a safe social distance while the mask is off.
· If I begin to exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 within the next two weeks after the event, I will contact BOMA-NJ so that other attendees can be notified.
· Below is the Assumption of the Risk, Waiver of Liability and Release of Claims Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19 at the BOMA-NJ Golf Outing 8.2.21.
Assumption of the Risk, Waiver of Liability and Release of Claims Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19 at the BOMA-NJ Golf Outing
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is highly contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact.
BOMA-NJ has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 during the BOMA-NJ Golf Outing; however, BOMA-NJ cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19 during the Event (defined below). Further, attending an in-person reception could increase your risk and of contracting COVID-19. During the Event, social distancing must be practiced, and face coverings must be worn to reduce exposure to COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I, the undersigned, acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and it’s variants and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending the BOMA-NJ Golf Outing at Fiddlers’ Elbow (Bedminster, NJ) (the “Event”) and that such exposure or infection may result in illness, permanent disability, and/or death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID- 19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, staff, sponsors, and BOMA-NJ Golf Outing attendees.
In light of the ongoing spread of COVID-19, individuals who fall within any of the categories below should not attend the Event. By attending the Event, I certify that I do not fall within any of the following categories:
1. Individuals who currently or within the past fourteen (14) days have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath among others;
2. Individuals who have traveled at any point in the past fourteen (14) days either internationally or to a community in the United States that has experienced or is experiencing sustained community spread of COVID-19; or
3. Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
I further understand that if, prior to entering the Event, my temperature is taken and is above the safe range, I will not be permitted to attend the Event and will receive a refund of my registration fee.
I voluntarily agree to assume all the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for illness of any kind that I may experience or incur after attending the Event. On my behalf, and on behalf of my heirs, administrators, executors, and personal representatives, I expressly release, covenant not to sue, forever discharge, and hold harmless BOMA-NJ and its respective officers, directors, contractors, staff and sponsors (the “Released Parties”) of and from any claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to my attendance at the Event (collectively, “Claims”). I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Released Parties whether a COVID-19 infection occurs during or after my participation in the Event.
I agree to the statements and terms outlined in this waiver and also agree to comply with the COVID-19 guidelines of the CDC and the Executive Orders of the State of New Jersey.